The State College Area School District will be utilizing GoGuardian this school year. This product helps the district by providing web filtering solutions for district devices and accounts as well as additional teacher tools in the classroom to support student learning. We are excited to announce that GoGuardian has released a new optional Parent App. It is a mobile app to help keep parents and guardians aware of your children's browsing activity, app usage, and more. GoGuardian Parent is a companion to the classroom management and internet filtering tools that your child's school uses for devices issued to students. Through the use of this app, we hope to encourage more open and honest conversations between parents and children that will result in safer practices and responsible browsing habits.
What is the intention of the app?
By providing insight into student browsing habits, our goal is to empower parents to take a more active role in their children's online learning. We aim to create a greater sense of transparency with student browsing to help bring about a greater sense of accountability on both the parent's and the student's part. We also believe that transparency and insight will increase the likelihood of productive student browsing habits on a more consistent basis.
What is included in this app:
- Top 5 summary of student browsing (apps, extensions, documents, and websites visited)
- 30-day view of websites, videos, documents, apps, and extensions
To access the app, please follow the below instructions:
- Download the app
- iPhone: Visit App Store, search for GoGuardian Parent, and tap the download button.
- Android: Visit Google Play Store, search for GoGuardian Parent, and tap the download button.
- Login/Check Email: Check your email on your phone for a link to log in to the app. Tap the "Verify your email" button, and it will take you straight to the app. Note: If you don't have access to your email through the device you used to log in, tap on "Login with verification code", and copy and paste the verification code from the email into the app.