We have recently replaced TypingPal with Typing.com, a site that allows students to increase their typing skills along with learning about computer fundamentals and coding. The Typing.com curriculum offers engaging activities and games for all skill levels, allows teachers to monitor students’ progress through timed typing tests, and also allows teachers to create their own lessons and tests.
How do I sign in to Typing.com?
- Please use this knowledge base article for signing into Typing.com.
Why won’t my keyboard type an apostrophe?
- Chromebook Users: Click the clock in the lower right corner, then on the keyboard drop down menu select ‘US keyboard’ as the default.
- MacOS Users: Go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources and then make sure the U.S. keyboard is visible and selected. If it is not, click the ‘+’ sign in the bottom right corner and add U.S. as an input source.
How to Add Existing Students to My Account? (Teachers)
- Log into the teacher portal, then select ‘My classes’ in the top menu bar. This will present you with four options to choose from, adding one student, adding multiple, creating a link for students to self-join, and the option to import a list of students.
How do I set/change typing benchmarks (Teachers?)
- Log into the teacher portal, then select ‘My classes’ in the top menu bar. On the right side of the class that you want to select, click ‘View’. Select the ‘Settings’ tab and then select ‘Benchmarks’.
Hours: Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 4:00PM