SCASD Web Filter Change - Allow / Block Website
The State College Area School District can allow or block websites that are either deemed appropriate or inappropriate in accordance with our online acceptable use policy. The process to allow or disallow a particular website are listed below.
To request a currently blocked website be allowed by the SCASD internet filter or to request a currently allowed website to be blocked by the SCASD internet filter, please submit a request using the following webpage:
1) Select Web Filtering Change button then login with your SCASD account (Only available for faculty, staff & gaurdians)
2) Fill in the form with the required information
- Your email address
- Website URL (Example: http://www.scholastic.com)
- Whether the site should be Allowed or Blocked
- For which grade levels: Elementary / Middle School / High School (check all that apply)
- Enter a brief description of why you wish to allow or block the site
3) Click 'Submit' to complete your request.
The request will be reviewed and then either approved or denied. Once the request has been approved by IT Services or a building administrator the web filter change can be processed.